Saturday, December 12, 2009

Poster Presentation

I had a poster presentation this past Friday and chose to do the presentation on something called Bodymetrics.
Human Solutions and Bodymetrics joined together to create a 3D body scanner that allows customers to totally skip the process of trying on jeans. It takes women anywhere from 9 to 12 pairs of jeans to find the right one. Personally, I hate trying on jeans. It's the worst. Most stores create jeans with mass production and its hard to find a pair that fits a woman's body shape perfectly. This technology was actually released at a department store called Selfridges, in England in 2004. Two years later, another boutique was opened at Harrods in England. The United States still hasn't seen anything of its kind, so its still an emerging technology here. I am really excited about the technology and hope it gets brought to the U.S. It would be so easy to just order a pair of jeans, as long as your body shape doesn't change.
The presentation went really well and I had fun talking to people about their posters. I saw some really interesting things such as twoddler (Twitter for toddlers). I also really liked Google Wave. It would make it a lot easier to do class projects. The presentation itself was a lot like an elevator pitch. I really enjoyed presenting my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment